Monday, February 26, 2018

Day 66: How I Overcame Stage Fright Before Work


Whenever I went to work, there was this scenic fear/stage fright, like the calm before the storm, because I don't know how the service is going to go, if I will have many costumers at the same time for example, if they will be very demanding of me or not. Something similar happens when I am about to write a blog, at times I know what I am going to write about but other times like today, I did not know what to write about so I decided to write about this fear that emerges before going to work or before blogging, this stage fright.

Every song 'starts with a silence', then an intro and then the vocals/song. In making this correlation I stopped fearing the 'silence before the storm' - it is natural this silence the moments before starting my work as a waiter and it doesn't mean there is an impending doom. Because I know that I have practiced the song so to speak, that I am well versed in my job, I know what I have to do and how to do it effectively, in other words I trust myself. So now instead of being frightened of the silence before going to work, I enjoy it as I know 'the song is coming', the action is coming. This correlation was pivotal in stopping the fear, but what helped prepare myself to stop it was doing self-forgiveness on this fear of work and lack of self-trust, which I learned at the DIP Lite free course.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear the moments before going to work, in fear that it will be difficult or that I will be incapable of doing it.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to participate in 'stage fright' before going to work.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see that it is normal the 'calm before starting to work' as it is with a song that start with silence, then an intro and then the song.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to doubt myself before going to work.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear going to work as I don't know how the day will turn out.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not trust myself and my capabilities related to work.

I commit myself to trust myself and my capabilities in my job.

I commit myself to remind myself that I have gone through a lot in my job so I am ready to face whatever it is that comes my way at the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment