Sunday, June 6, 2021

Day 201: Imagine Having No Memory



Imagine having no memory of the past, to know that whatever you are doing now you will not remember later - aside from being impractical wouldn't we not be so burdened? Isn't it that we draw from the past to project into the future? But if we don't have a past, the future is full of possibilities. At times I see myself doing the same thing day after day, simply because I have been doing it for so long, when in fact I don't even want to do that nor is best for me, an example would be sleeping in the afternoons after work, because I have been doing it for some weeks does not mean I have to do it again today.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to do things because 'that's what I always do'

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to base my actions on my past

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to get rid of the past

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realise and understand that if I don't let go of the past I will be a slave to it

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realise and understand that I don't have to repeat the past endlessly

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to give importance to the past

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realise and understand that I can base my decisions on what is best for me and thus for all and not from the past

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see that the past is not more

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that the past has power over me

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want to memorize eveyrhing of the past

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to become obsessed in wanting to know how everything unfolded in the past

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realise and understand that the past as a memory doesn't exist

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see that the past is in fact imaginary, it does not exist - even if we were hurt in the past, it is not longer here

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see realise and understand that I don't have to obsess so much about the past but I have to forgive and let go of any attachment I have to the past

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define myself according to my past

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe I am my past

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see that in fact consequence comes from the past as things take time to create consequence - but this does not mean that I have to define myself or my actions according to the past

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realise and understand that I am enslaved to the past insofar that I am defined by it and have not forgiven and let it go

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to give importance to the past, instead of forgiving it and letting it go

I commit myself to let go of the past

I commit myself to set myself free form the past in self forgiveness and self correction and practical application

No comments:

Post a Comment