Thursday, July 6, 2017

Day 39: Competition at Work


Yesterday there was a new companion at work. He is physically a sporty guy, good-looking and I immediately went into competition mode, like if he was going to steal my job from me - lol. The fact is that at the restaurant I work we need more hands and now that a new recruit comes, is it too good for me? I see this competition is based on fear, fear of not having a job and ultimately not having money and dying - fear of death - and  I don't want to base my interaction with A on fear so that's why I am doing this post as well, to do self forgiveness and release this competition mode.

Oh, and he also knows French, which I don't know much, only some phrases, which challenges me to learn more French. In fact I should see A as a motivation - he is fit, knows languages - to get fit myself and learn more languages, instead of seeing him as competition. He can also help out with french costumers where we don't understand eachother. I choose to see A as a support and motivation to become better instead of competition. We are not in a competition we are a team that work cooperatively. This is the same in the world, we are different and each has different qualities, it is not to compete against each other but to help each other succeed as a team.

Because at the end of the day at the restaurant we have costumers that we have to serve, and we have to do this together, better as a team than competing individuals, competing individuals don't do what's best for the team but simply act to win against others.



I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to see A as competition instead of seeing him as 'team'.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to compare myself with A, instead of seeing how everyone is different physically and there is no need to judge oneself for that.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to judge A for his appearance as a good waiter.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear A will take my job.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want to compete against A, wanting to be better than A, in fear that if A wins I will lose my job.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see that I am in competition with myself - to be competent - to better myself and I am not in competition with anything or anyone else.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to judge A as too good - in fear that he is so good that will take my job.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see that in the restaurant everyone that functions appropriately has a place in it, as many hands are required to make the restaurant work.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see that I already have a place in the restaurant and that I don't have to fight for it.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see that I have to do better at my job for myself, not to be better than others.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see that the better my colleagues are, the best it is as we we'll do a better job at serving our costumers.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see that I should be grateful if A is good at the job as we will be a stronger team.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want to be the best at the restaurant, in competition with others.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to deire to shine as a good waiter even if it means that I am surrounded by incompetent team mates.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want attention from my superiors and want to be 'the favourite'.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe I need attention from my superiors in order to keep my job.

Whenever I see I go into competition with A, I stop and I breathe. I realize that I don't have to compete but simply better myself, and that I should be grateful if I have competent team mates.

Whenever I see that I am goint into competition with A, I stop and I breathe. I realize that the better I assisst and support A to become better, the stronger our team will be, which is what matters because together we'll have a better time.

Whenever I see that I want to get attention from my superiors, I stop and I breathe. I realize that I don't need attention from my superiors to do or keep my job and that A will get more attention because he is new, and he needs more help than I do.

I commit myelf to let go of competition with A.

I commit myself to remind myself that the better A is, the better it is for the team to do a good job.

I commit myself to stop wanting to have bad colleagues in order for me to look better.

I commit myself to stop wanting to have attention from my superiors.

No comments:

Post a Comment