Sunday, May 30, 2021

Day 199: Assume Not



I was driving the other day and while leaving the parking spot I assumed I had enough space going backwards, without checking -- to my surprise I did not have enough space and I made a dent at the back of the van. So this is a reminder for me to not assume but to look for myself. Not only while driving but also in my relationships and life in general, as one said, when you assume you make an ass out of you and me.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to assume I had enough space going backwards with the van

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to assume instead of looking for myself and checking to make sure

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realise and understand that assuming is dangerous and has consequences

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to assume in my life

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to stop and look for myself whenever I see I am assuming

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realise and understand that when I assume I am taking somehing as true without checking, which is not valid

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see that assuming can even compromise the my integrity or that of the car I am driving

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want to take quick decisions and thus I assume without seeing, realising and understanding that it has consequences

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realise and understand that I have to slow down when taking decisions so I do not assume

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to rush in making decisions, and thus assume

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe I have to take decisions fast

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe I have to rush through life

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see that I can slow down and not rush through life

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realise and understand that I can take my time to take decisions

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I have to be fast in taking decisions

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to rush through life

I commit myself to check if something is true whenever I see that I am assuming

I commit myself to stop and breathe whenever I assume, to then check if what I am assuming is true or not

No comments:

Post a Comment