Friday, January 18, 2019

Day 110: Taking Mistakes as Opportunities


Lately I have repeated a mistake that is recurring. Now I can either bang my head against the wall and learn nothing about it or take it as an opportunity to intorspect - look at what I have done, how has it unfolded and what I can do to prevent it from happening again.

I have the perfect example in front of me as this mistake that recently happened to study it - see what made it happen and all the intricacies of it - and from here forgive and let go.

It is not the end of the world when we fall again in a point, its in fact an opportunity because you have it fresh in your mind - to work with it.


Like a pain that tells us something, falling in a point is telling us something - where we have separated us from ourselves because everything that we do, how we act - tells us something about us.

So it is to take mistakes as opportunities - only death is something we cannot get back from - so while I am breathing I decide to take everything that I experience as opportunities for self change. Because if I have fallen again in a point it means it is not solved, it is telling me that 'hey - look at me - here there is something you have not yet solved otherwise I would not exist' and thus with unsolved points we fall. It is not an excuse to repeat things, meaning not looking at a point to have the excuse to fall again - that is not valid.

So a line has to be drawn, how many times do one needs to fall in a point in order to forgive and let go to never again repeat it? I suggest it is not needed to fall back at a point in order to address it but if it has happened that we have fallen we can either become despaired or seeing the common sense that becoming despaired is an excuse and a behaviour that is not directing the point - so becoming despaired is in fact an excuse to not look at the point to be able to repeat it in the future.

Thus I commit myself to look at the points that need to be addressed to not have the excuse that I did not look at or solve the point in order to repeat it in the future.

Know thyself too, meaning if I know I have a 'weak point' I have to put extra work on it and not think it will be magically solved - if I look at the past and look at this specific issue I have, I see I have repeated it many times so I have to put extra work, and if I don't I can easily fall back on the point.

And trick myself into not doing it, the same way that I have tricked me into repeating the mistakes - like use reverse psychology - use everything that I can to not repeat the mistake.

Also remember to be gentle with myself, not be too hard on myself, not think that all is done, that I am done because I have repeated a mistake - no - all these thoughts and behaviours are in fact supporting that I repeat the mistake in the  future - the only way is as Lao Tzu put it 'Stop thinking and end your problems.'




No comments:

Post a Comment