Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Day 17: Managing money

In the past I had been uncareful with money, specially with bipolar, when I was in a hypomanic stage, I did not plan carefully what to do with money and instead spent it or lent it to close people without thinking too much, this caused problems where I basically went broke.

You can read more about hypomania here.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be uncareful with money while on hypomania.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to give money away without thinking the alternatives or what can be done to not spend so much money.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to trust other people with money instead of seeing, realizing or understanding that when it comes to money it is better to not trust people with it.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to buy unnecessary stuff while on hypomania.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to create negative consequence for M in my uncaring dealings with money.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I can buy stuff just because it feels good to do so - without looking at the budget.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to buy stuff because it feels good.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to mismanage money to the point of having to ask for money from R

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to mismanage money to the point of going broke.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to trust with money to the point of going broke.

Whenever I see I want to trust people with money, I stop and I breathe. I look for another way so that I don't have to trust people with money, as there is most of the time another way.

I commit myself to remind myself that I cannot trust people with money as most of the time it will end badly.

Whenever I see I feel good and want to spend money, I stop and I breathe. I realize that if I am in hypomania I have to be extra careful with money as I have the tendency to overspend because I feel good.

I commit myself to spend money with budgeting and disregard if I feel good or not.

Whenever I see I want to lend money to someone, I stop and I breahte, I realize that I have to stand on my own two feet and other people too and that I can't be lending money specially seeing how it has been abused even by close people.

I commit myself to look for other ways when close people ask me for money and see if they really need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment