Friday, May 5, 2017

Day 6: Hypo-mania

Hypomania (literally "under mania" or "less than mania") is a mood state characterized by persistent disinhibition and pervasive elevated (euphoric) with or without irritable mood but generally less severe than full mania. According to DSM-V criteria, hypomania is specifically distinct from mania in that there is no psychosis (sensing things others do not sense in the same environment); mania, by DSM-V definition, has psychotic features. Characteristic behaviors are extremely energetic, talkative, and confident commonly exhibited with a flight of creative ideas. While hypomanic behavior often generates productivity and excitement, it can become troublesome if the subject engages in risky or otherwise inadvisable behaviors. When manic episodes are "staged" according to symptomatic severity and associated features, hypomania constitutes the first stage, or stage I, of the syndrome, wherein the cardinal features (euphoria or heightened irritability, pressure of speech and activity, increased energy and decreased need for sleep, and flight of ideas) are most plainly evident. - Wikipedia

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to enjoy being in hypomania as it 'feels good'.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see what is behind the feel good of hypomania, as the ladder to mania that it is.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see all the negative side effects of hypomania such as not considering others, not being careful with money or not being commonsensical with taking decisions.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be addicted and not want to let go the feel good/increased energy state of hypomania.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not want to admit whenever I am hypomaniac.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see the importance of stopping hypomania as from there I can jump easily into mania where delusions start which is not fun.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see that the feel good of hypomania is also a delusion.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear being in hypomania in fear that I will go into mania.

Whenever I see that I want to remain in the feel good of  hypomania, I stop and I breathe. I realise that the feel good of hypomania is a delusion although it seems real and that I have to stop hypomania to not go up the ladder to mania and because of all the side effects that come with it.

I commit myself to whenever I see I am in hypomania, to speak up and take my treatment so that it stops - unconditionally.

Whenever I see that I don't want to admit/recognise that I am hypomaniac, I stop and I breathe. I remind myself that is ok to be imbalanced, like it is ok to be hungry, they are imbalances - one has to be treated with medication and the other with food - and if not remediated there can be severe consequences.

I commit myself to whenever I have the imbalance of being hypomaniac, to take the steps necessary to stop the imbalance, for example with medication, and additionally other help like therapy, self forgiveness.

Whenever I see that I fear going from hypomania into mania, I stop and I breathe. I realise that if I stop the problem of hypomania there will be no mania phase, so I take the steps necessary to practically stop hypomania as soon as possible when I detect it.

I commit myself to not wait whenever I realize I am in hypomania, but to get the necessary help for it to stop, so that I don't go into mania or let it develop with all the possible side effects/consequences of hypomania.


No comments:

Post a Comment